DB-100 band saw with diamond blade
Important purchasing note: This machine currently has a 1-2 week lead time due to supply chain issues. We are sorry for this delay, but we promise it's worth the wait!
The Inland Craft DB-100 band saw is the perfect workbench tool for cutting free-form cabochons, different shapes, organic curves, inside curves, stained glass pieces, mosaics and more. It’s also a great tool for coral fragging. This DB-100 includes a diamond band saw blade that is designed to cut material such as glass, stone, tile, ceramic, plastics, shells and live coral. Cutting curves, which is the most difficult task for any lapidary saw machine to do, is now within easy reach with the DB-100 band saw.
Important purchasing note
Band saw machines are optimized for cutting shapes and curves, so there is a large amount of "travel" in the band saw blade, which is necessary for cutting these shapes and curves. It is NOT designed to be used for cutting thick slabs of rough rock or glass. If you are looking to cut thick slabs of rocks and glass, we suggest a fixed-blade saw machine such as the Hi-Tech Diamond 6" Trim saw or Hi-Tech Diamond 10" Slab saw instead of this band saw machine.
Make sure you choose the right power supply for your machine. The 230/240 volt models are available ONLY for overseas customers that require 220V–240V power supply.
We are not responsible for any import duties or customs charges. Any such fees incurred to receive your package are not covered by us. Please consult your country's customs policy for more information. For UK sales, please contact www.Coralz.co.uk. For Europe sales, please contact Inland Craft Europe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Powerful, DC permanent magnet motor with built in speed control, delivering speeds up to 3,400 rpm.
- Five-part, spring-loaded tension system is molded into the frame and ensures proper wheel alignment, simple blade setup and perfect tracking hour after hour. The spring-loaded tension system acts like a shock absorber to protect and enhance blade life.
- Pre-assembled coolant system provides a continuous, regulated flow of clean coolant to the band saw blade, keeping your blade properly lubricated while you saw. The installed water control valve allows easy control of the water flow while you work.
- Integrated internal drain channels and drain tubes collect and funnel excess, dirty coolant away from the blade and prevent it from re-circulating throughout the saw.
- Upper drip guide is adjustable for varying material thickness.
- Frame, cover and water reservoir are molded entirely from structural-grade thermoplastic. Interior support walls are extra thick for maximum strength and durability.
- Large work surface is 9" X 10.75" and corrosion resistant.
- The molded plastic housing absorbs and deadens sawing and motor sounds for quiet operation. Plastic construction makes it extremely light weight, easy to handle and portable.
- Suitable for use as a fragging saw to cut stony corals, soft corals and live rock.
- 37.7" stainless steel diamond band saw blade designed for wet sawing glass, stone, semiprecious gems, tile, ceramic, porcelain, marble, granite, silicon, plastics, fiberglass, fiberboard, leather, shells, and live coral
- One BladeSert blade guide to support the blade at the point of sawing and to ensure the blade is tracking straight and true for maximum control and accurate cuts
- Leather blade wiper to help control the water spray when wet sawing with the diamond band saw blade
- One-year warranty (90-day warranty when used in a salt water environment)
- Instruction manual
Two optional band saw blades are available for use on this DB-100 band saw. Our band saw blade for wood saws wood, wood composites, acrylic plastics, leather, polyethylene and polycarbonate plastics. Our band saw blade for metal saws thin brass, copper, zinc, aluminum, tin, nonferrous metals, fiberglass, leather, acrylic plastics and circuit boards. If you intend on sawing all of these types of materials, we suggest purchasing the DB-100 band saw with three blades model. This band saw model includes all three of our band saw blades; the diamond band saw blade, band saw blade for wood and band saw blade for metal.
- Machine dimensions: 13" L X 10" W X 18" H
- Machine weight: 10 lbs
- Saw housing construction: Structural-grade thermoplastic
- Motor type: Permanent magnet DC motor with built-in speed controller, delivering speeds up to 3,400 rpm
- Voltage: 115V or 230V/240V
- Torque: 48 oz.-in
- Work surface dimensions: 9" X 10.75"
- Blade throat depth: 4.75" (12 cm)
- Maximum cutting material thickness: 3" (7.6 cm) for rocks and minerals, 1" (2.5 cm) for solid glass slabs, 3" (8.9 cm) diameter for glass bottles
- Cutting speed: Dependent on material type and thickness, up to 12 inches/minute (30.5 cm/minute)
- Sound: This band saw sounds like a loud sewing machine. In general, saws and sawing are inherently noisy.
- Water: This band saw comes with a drain hose, but by design, the unit is not completely sealed. We suggest placing a tray (not included) of your choice underneath the saw. Some users like to have both a tray and a sponge to absorb excess water.
- Saw housing: This band saw housing is made of composite plastics that will not rust so there is zero maintenance required.
DB-100 band saw with diamond blade
I am still in the “experimental “ stage but am thoroughly enjoying my DB 100. I cut shapes from slabs my husband has cut. Having fun!
I already love my brand new DB-100 band saw! It feels well made, easy to assemble and use. It is light weight, and therefore very easy to move. Customer service has been beyond helpful. (I am new to stone cutting and had many questions.) I know if I ever run into an issue, they will be there.
It was at first strictly a purchase to be able to saw curved shapes out of very hard, and very expensive agate pieces. To preserve as much of the material as possible for future use. But now I think "what else can I cut with this? I might get the wood blade soon.
Knowing that this hard agate will dull diamond blades quickly, I made sure to cut the material as thin as possible, to around 3 to 5mm thick, (this was made possible with my also brand-new, and equally awesome, Hi-Tech 6 inch slab saw), then I did go very slow.
Even though no lube is necessary, just plain water, I added a little liquid Burlife to the top of the agate while cutting it. (I had it in my shop anyhow, might as well use it.)
This machine allowed me to cut not only one piece out of this slab, but three! If I had to rough the design out through straight cuts, I would have wasted so much material, and I would have only gotten one out of this agate.
I am beyond thrilled, and I have almost amortized this reasonably priced tool with just the first few cut.
My Daughter In Law is a jewelry designer on Martha's Vineyard. I bought her this saw as a gift. She uses it almost every day! The diamond blades carve through her medium quite nicely. She has been using it for over three years. Treat it right it should last. Customer service is friendly and helpful when buying supplies. Thank you.