Sintered diamond laps
***IMPORTANT PURCHASING NOTE: These sintered laps are directional. They are available in counter-clockwise rotation and clock-wise rotation. Please allow 2-6 weeks for delivery of counter-clockwise sintered laps, and 6-8 weeks for delivery of clockwise sintered laps.
When you’ve got to cut more facets than you can count, it’s time to go sintered. These are the longest lasting faceting laps on the market today with a full 3.5 mm of diamond matrix and precision-ground steel cores. Sintered laps will cut just as aggressively on the first facet as the last. If you haven't used sintered faceting laps before, we recommend you order one grit size larger for sintered diamond tools as compared to plated or brazed parts.
- Full 3.5 mm deep diamond matrix exposes new cutting points as the wheels are used
- Sintered laps can be dressed to expose additional crystals for a more aggressive cut, but dressing is not always needed if you follow a "side to side" pattern when grinding to ensure even wear
- Dynamic balancing at the factory ensures concentricity for smooth and quiet grinding
- Available diameters: 6" (152 mm) and 8" (204 mm)
- Overall depth: 0.375"
- Arbor: 1/2" inner diameter arbor standard
- Weight: 6": 3.5 lb, 8": 5.25 lb