The Inland Craft DB-100 band saw is the perfect workbench tool for cutting free-form cabochons, different shapes, organic curves, inside curves, stained glass pieces, mosaics, and more. It’s also a great tool for coral fragging. This DB-100 includes a diamond band saw blade that is designed to cut material such as glass, stone, tile, ceramic, plastics, shells, and live coral. Cutting curves, which is the most difficult task for any lapidary saw machine to do, is now within easy reach with the DB-100 band saw.
DB-100 band saw with diamond blade
$379.95 – $459.95
The Inland Craft DB-100 band saw features power, durability, and precision while allowing you to cut different lines, shapes, and curves in dozens of different materials.
- Powerful, DC permanent magnet motor with built in speed control, delivering speeds up to 3,400 rpm
- Five part spring-loaded tension system is molded into the frame and insures proper wheel alignment, simple blade setup, and perfect tracking hour after hour. The spring-loaded tension system acts like a shock absorber to protect and enhance blade life.
- Pre-assembled coolant system provides a continuous, regulated flow of clean coolant to the diamond band saw blade, keeping your blade properly lubricated while you saw. The installed water control valve allows easy control of the water flow while you work.
- Integrated internal drain channels and drain tubes collect and funnel excess, dirty coolant away from the blade and prevent it from re-circulating throughout the saw
- Upper drip guide is adjustable for varying material thickness
- Frame, cover, and water reservoir are molded entirely from structural grade thermoplastic. Interior support walls are extra thick for maximum strength and durability
- Large work surface is 9″ x 10.75″ and corrosion resistant
- Rigid and quiet. The molded plastic housing absorbs and deadens sawing and motor sounds for quiet operation. Plastic construction makes it extremely light weight, easy to handle and portable.
- Suitable for use as a fragging saw to cut stony corals, soft corals, and live rock
- 37.7″ stainless steel diamond band saw blade designed for wet sawing glass, stone, semiprecious gems, tile, ceramic, porcelain, marble, granite, silicon, plastics, fiberglass, fiberboard, leather, shells, and live coral. Minimum radius of blade is 3/16″ (.5 cm) and maximum radius of blade is 4.75″ (12 cm).
- Two BladeSert blade guides to support the blade at the point of sawing and to ensure the blade is tracking straight and true for maximum control and accurate cuts
- Leather blade wiper to help control the water spray when sawing with the diamond blade
- One-year warranty, 90-day warranty when used in a saltwater environment
- Instruction manual
- Machine dimensions: 13″ L X 10″ W X 18″ H
- Machine weight: 10 lbs
- Saw housing construction: Structural-grade thermoplastic
- Motor type: Permanent magnet DC motor with built-in speed controller, delivering speeds up to 3,400 rpm
- Voltage: 115V or 230V/240V
- Torque: 48 oz.-in
- Work surface dimensions: 9″ X 10.75″
- Blade throat depth: 4.75″ (12 cm)
- Maximum cutting material thickness: 3″ (7.6 cm) for rocks and minerals, 1″ (2.5 cm) for solid glass slabs, 3″ (8.9 cm) diameter for glass bottles
- Cutting speed: Dependent on material type and thickness, up to 12 inches/minute (30.5 cm/minute)
- Sound: This band saw sounds like a loud sewing machine. In general, saws and the act of sawing are naturally noisy.
- Water: This band saw comes with a drain hose, but by design, the unit is not completely sealed. We suggest placing a tray (not included) of your choice underneath the saw. Some users like to have both a tray and a sponge to absorb excess water.
- Saw housing: This band saw housing is made of composite plastics that will not rust, so there is ZERO maintenance required!
Two optional band saw blades are available for use on this DB-100 band saw. Our band saw blade for wood saws wood, wood composites, acrylic plastics, leather, polyethylene and polycarbonate plastics. Our band saw blade for metal saws thin brass, copper, zinc, aluminum, tin, nonferrous metals, fiberglass, leather, acrylic plastics and circuit boards. Purchasing note: If you intend on sawing all of these types of materials, we suggest purchasing the DB-100 band saw with three blades model. This band saw model includes all three of our band saw blades; the diamond band saw blade, band saw blade for wood and band saw blade for metal.
Important purchasing note
Band saw machines are optimized for cutting shapes and curves, so there is a large amount of “travel” in the band saw blade, which is necessary for cutting these shapes and curves. It is not designed to be used for cutting thick slabs of rough rock or glass. If you are looking to cut thick slabs of rocks and glass, we suggest a fixed-blade saw machine such as the Hi-Tech Diamond 6″ Trim saw or Hi-Tech Diamond 10″ Slab saw instead of this band saw machine.
Make sure you choose the right power supply for your machine. The 230/240 volt models are available only for overseas customers that require 220V – 240V power supply.
- Cutting a wine bottle in half
- Setting the drip rate on your DB-100 saw
- Adjusting the drip guide on your DB-100 saw
- Replacing the BladeSert on your DB-100 saw
- Changing blades on your DB-100 saw
- Adjusting Inland band saw blade tracking
- Fragging corals with the DB-100 saw
- Monti Cap get some TLC using the DB-100 saw
|Dimensions||13 x 12 x 21in|
115 volt, 230 volt/240 volt